- Using a Website builder like Weebly or Robert Puddy's "InstantSqueezePageCreator" for quickly and easily creating your awesome and profit pulling capture page.
- Creating a compelling "killer" headline for your capture page using Maurice Smith's '3minuteheadlinecreator', and the importance of adding bullet points to highlight benefits that will keep your prospect interested in your offer and increase your optin rate.
Today I'm going to finish up by covering what will be your MOST IMPORTANT element; your opt-in form.
Step #4 - Add Your Opt-in Form
This is the box where your prospects will enter their contact information. I personally only ask for a name and email address. Some people say you should require more but savvy marketers know less is more. There's always a time and place to ask for, and get more information once you've built a deeper level of trust and report with the people on your list.
You'll need an Autoresponder Service that will provide the "form code" for you. There are several great ones out there, but I use and highly recommend iContact. It's one of the leading Autoresponders and has every feature you'll ever need, one of the highest delivery rates, and has been thoroughly tested by many of the internet's top marketers (it's the autoresponder of choice for Mike Dillard and if you are subscriber of his InnerCircle newsletter you can get a special discount).
Aweber is also another exceptional and widely used autorepsonder. In fact it's the one I used when I was a budding internet marketer. My reason for switching to iContatc was because I found it easier to understand and use. If you're not very tech savvy, I'd recommend you go with iContact. Either way check both out and decide for yourself. Each offers a free trial period.
Use the tutorials that are provided by your Autoresponder service of choice to create your list name for your opt-in form.
Then copy and paste the code into your capture page and voila', it instantly creates the opt-in form.
And you're done! Well...almost.
HOT TIP: Be sure to create a nice "Welcome" message that your prospect will receive once they opt-in. If you've offered a free gift or incentive be sure to include the access or download link for it at that time. The best way to build that trust and report that leads to your online success is to treat your prospects with the respect and care they deserve.
Lastly, you simply need to publish your site online.
If you're using Weebly's free website builder, you simply click "publish" and your capture page goes live with 1 click.
NOW, the only thing left to do is...
Step #5 - Test!, Test!, Test!
Here's a short list of suggested items to test on your capture page:
(Just remember to test ONLY 1 thing at a time and document everything, including your results!)
- Different headlines - including different size fonts and letter colors
- Different color backgrounds
- Different bullet statements
- More and less bullet statements
- Different statements on the "submit" button - "Free Instant Access" is a often used one because. I prefer using a direct but jovial approach - "Submit" just seems too austere.